Thank you for your interest in the digital 47th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neonatology and Paediatric Intensive Care (GNPI) which will be held from 16 – 19 June 2021.
Look forward to an exciting and varied conference programme under the motto "Viennese Melange", "Female Neonatology" as well as "Working at the Border"!
Please note the following information:
- Due to the changeover to the digital format, we have readjusted the programme for you.
- The workshops will be held on 16 & 17 June 2021
Get yourself an overview and follow the programme design on a daily basis!
The following functions are available:
- Navigation between the individual days at the upper edge of the screen
- Display all sessions in a specific room by clicking on the room name
Main topics NICU
- Innovations in patient safety and simulation
- Microbiome – from association to causality
- Stem cell therapy – Finally ready for clinical application?
- New challenges in palliative care and ethics
- Neuroprotection and outcome of extremely premature infants
- "Interface" obstetrics/neonatology – concepts for joint support
- Prevention of respiratory damage in extremely premature infants – LISA plus
- POCUS – Point of Care Ultrasound in NICU and PICU and Functional Imaging
Main topics PICU
- Extracorporal procedures – new technologies and equipment
- Paediatric Cardiology and Cardiosurgery at the PICU – working at the limit
- Optimized ventilation strategies through innovative monitoring
- Wake respiration – Analgesia/sedation revisited
Main topics Nursing
- Generalist nursing training – impact on care and work in the ward
- Migration and demographic change
- Transition of complex patients – challenges and solution strategies
- Parental accompaniment at the NICU
- Palliative care before, during and after birth
Main topics EFCNI
- Family-centred care in times of COVID-19
- Discharge management and aftercare
- Safe nutrition
- Long-term outcome and consequences for the family
- The role of parents in clinical trials
Selected new workshops
- Virtual Sim Championships
- Digital Debriefing Challenge
- Lung ultrasound in neonatology
- LISA – Virtual Reality Experience
- Manchester Triage in paediatric emergency medicine
The official conference language is German. A few sessions in English are designated within the scientific programme.